Thursday, December 30, 2010

Seeing 2010 Out the Door

Since this is the last post of 2010, I decided to make it some random thoughts that have absolutely nothing to do with hockey.  In fact, much of it is music related, which if you happen to know me well, is one of my two loves in life.  Where to begin?  Well, if the stars align and things go the way I want them to, I could be writing this little piece while living in a different city at this time next year.  A move West would be the most likely thing to happen, since I don't have to feel the need to rush things, a place like Portland or even New Mexico sound about right.  Musically, it was about the folk and folk metal, but a new entry made its presence felt: dark, somber metal.  Sure, there was doom metal, but there also happened to be the shoegaze metal, with some out there choices thanks to Cosmic Hearse, which is run by an award winning human being and is highly recommended for those who like to think outside the box in their music choices.  Then there's the books; books that I have gone through and read to the point where 2010 was the most that I ever read.  As we all say good-bye to 2010, here are a few books and albums to check out:

Disemballerina-s/t
Rockets-Atomic
Agalloch-Pale Folklore (you already knew that)
Sonata Arctica-Silence
Hardcore Logo by Michael Turner
Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
Playing With Fire by Theoren Fleury
Inside the Perimeter: Scavengers of the Dead by Alan Spencer

No comments:

Post a Comment