Thursday, May 26, 2011

Canuck Playoff Anthems

Since the Stanley Cup Finals won't begin until Sunday at the earliest, and given that I need material to write about, but don't want to commit to player stories, I came across a story about the latest of what is becoming the Canucks playoff songs.  So, without further ado, let's look at some of the songs being submitted in this year's playoff run:

Philbert Simon:


This video by the Philbert Simon Band is a parody of "Lazy Song," which I had no idea existed.  After watching this video, I don't even want to hear the original.  I like this version better, if only because they included some "Green Men" in the mix.  The song is catchy enough to work, but clearly, the Kesler jersey is a jersey foul.  If you're going to have any player jersey, please get the numbering and lettering correct.  Those little details matter.  Also, if you're going to have Green Men, you better have them in full body suits, and not just hoods and gloves in the neon green colors.  Shoes are okay, though.

Kyprios



This entry from the rapper known as Kyprios is titled "How the West was One."  There's no video for the man to embarrass himself with, as the only things there are the Kyprios logo (nice way of incorporating the Skate in Rink logo) and the words to the song.  Points for working the past in with the present, but not my favorite song of the bunch, though it comes fairly close.

Bodhi Jones


The song by Jones is called "We are all Canucks," and is quite possibly the catchiest song of the three.  The basis of the song includes many of this year's playoff participants, from opponents to the Canucks players themselves.  As for the video, you get to see the man himself, a few spelling errors ("Janik Hansen," "Samuelson," and "Oreskavitch"), and the worst dance moves this side of the hemisphere (which says something, since I'm a horrible dancer myself).

I'm fairly sure that I'm missing a few Canuck anthems this playoff season, so if you think there's something that should catch my eye, send them my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment