Thursday, June 23, 2011

Awards Results

Yesterday was the Awards ceremony for the NHL, and based on who I thought I was going to win each award, I got five out of ten.  So, here are the winners and who I thought was going to win each one, if I got it wrong.

Messier Leadership Award: Zdeno Chara
Lidstrom was my pick here, but Chara was instrumental in Boston's success this year, too.
Norris Trophy: Nicklas Lidstrom
I had Chara winning, but Lidstrom certainly makes the Red Wings go, and he will do so for another year.  And Shea Weber ahead of Chara in votes?  Color me surprised.
Calder Trophy: Jeff Skinner
Closer than expected here.
Lady Byng: Martin St. Louis
Jack Adams: Dan Bylsma
I had Alain Vigneault, but the writers thought Bylsma had a greater impact on the Penguins this year, which is understandable, given the circumstances.
Selke: Ryan Kesler
Not even close.
Vezina: Tim Thomas
Once again, not even close, despite Rinne being within 20 votes of Thomas.
Ted Lindsay: Daniel Sedin
I had Corey Perry winning this one.
Masterton: Ian Laperriere
Laperriere never played this season, which makes this a bit of a head scratcher, but bet on him playing next season, though.  My pick was Ray Emery, but he, Laperriere, and Daymond Langkow certainly deserve this trophy.
Hart: Corey Perry
I called this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment