Wednesday, June 8, 2011

September 27

In the event that you're asking what Sidney Crosby has to do with September 27, I'm going to tell you right after I finish this sentence.  It will be on that day that Crosby's Pittsburgh Penguins will be playing the Los Angeles Kings in an exhibition game at the Sprint Center in Kansas City.  As a hockey fan, I feel that this is the best matchup that the city has gotten for an exhibition game.  In the past, the St. Louis Blues and the Chicago Blackhawks have played here, and while that's good for regional purposes, neither team is truly high on my list of teams to see in person.  The last time NHL hockey was in Kansas City, was the New York Islanders versus the Kings.  I'll grant you that the Islanders aren't much on the ice, and given that it was an exhibition game, the teams' full lineups are not likely to make the trip here.  Still, I feel disappointed that I did not make that game.

So, the challenge gets thrown out now: if there are any hockey fans in Kansas City who would like to attend the game on the 27th of September, regardless of the lineups, I am thinking of going, too.  So, the challenge is to think of something before then, like a get-together before the game.  I'll come up with something as the day nears.

No comments:

Post a Comment