Monday, February 6, 2012

Happy (Goalless) Anniversary!

Okay, admit it.  You saw this one coming.  No, this is not a piece bashing the Montreal Canadiens (again), although you can make an argument to the contrary.  As a matter of fact, I'm not going to bash Scott Gomez and his ability to go one whole year without scoring a goal.  That would be too easy, and some folks in Montreal beat me to it, so rather, I will say to Mr. Gomez: Congratulations!  You are Montreal's problem for the next two years, and the other 29 teams are happy.

I said I wasn't going to bash Gomez on this special day, though it almost ended yesterday in a 3-0 win over Winnipeg.  Trust me, this is as close as Gomez has gotten to scoring a goal, but I will leave it to a few folks from the band The Insomniacs to put it in words:


No comments:

Post a Comment