Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Go Stuff Yourself


I know that I'm falling a little behind on the horror fest that is supposed to end the day that I leave for Portland, OR. However, that isn't necessarily going to stop me from going back into the vaults of the mind for movies. So, with that in mind, today's piece will talk about stuffing your loved ones. Yes, I am talking about Buio Omega, or as the Americans called it, Beyond the Darkness.

The 1979 exploitation flick was directed by Joe D'Amato and the central plot of the story surrounds Frank Wyler and his dying girlfriend. Eventually, his girlfriend dies (at the hands of a voodoo doll wielding maid Iris) and Frank sneaks into the morgue to steal her body and stuff it. You see, Frank is a taxidermist (you know, the guy that stuffs dead animals). After stuffing her, Frank puts her in his bed and soon, he has to fend off the women that cross his path. Naturally, Iris is unhappy with this, and has to help Frank dispose of the other women.

I won't go too far into the plot, as it takes a back seat to the action in the film. From a hitchhiker woman getting her nails ripped out by pliers and getting hacked up to having the body parts thrown into a tub of acid to the incredibly graphic stuffing of the dead girlfriend, D'Amato leaves no disgusting stone unturned. This was one of the more disturbing films that I have seen, yet I could not turn away in fear of missing something. The morally right and weak of stomach will want to stay away from this film, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment