Thursday, April 22, 2010

The Lost Canucks Jersey

I'm in Portland, and I have no movie planned for today's musings. The NHL playoffs are still going, and my Canucks will still be playing by the time I get back home, so to that end, why not do another jersey. I know I covered a Canucks jersey earlier (you know the one, the Flying V jersey), but today's piece covers one of the more obscure Canucks jerseys in their 40-year plus history.

This jersey (see picture) was worn in 1996 as the team's third jersey that year. Like the ill-fated "Burger King" jersey and "Wild Wing" jersey, this jersey lasted just one season and likely was worn for the minimum number of games required. Unlike many of the other jerseys though, this is one of the least remembered jerseys, as it wasn't particularly bad, nor did it extend beyond the season in which it was introduced. The black and orange half design was kind of odd, like many of the other jerseys introduced at the time, and while it wasn't particularly creative, it wasn't either cartoonish or a big mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment