Friday, October 14, 2011

Week in Portland, October 6

As many of you know, I was in Portland for a week, which would in fact, explain the lack of updates on this blog.  So, to make up for this, I have decided to make a piece that will likely take up some spots.  How would I go about this, you ask?  Why a recap of my week in Portland, of course.  This part will cover my time from 6 PM on October 5 (the time I left KC) up until the evening of October 6.  If you're looking for any show reviews, they will come in due time, but you will have to wait for the Fall into Darkness review that will get posted on Metal Psalter (cheap plug alert).  The flight from KC had some turbulence heading into Las Vegas, NV, which more than shook a few folks on the plane.  Once at the airport, I made a fairly mad dash to where I had to catch a connecting flight while getting a bite to eat at  a Pizza Hut.  As for the airport, it is exactly how you would picture the city of Las Vegas: complete with slot machines (for fuck's sake).  I arrived in Portland around 11 PM local time, and before making camp at the friend's apartment, stopped in at WINCO foods for a sandwich.  The place where I stayed is situated southwest of downtown Portland, and like most of the Pacific Northwest, is very scenic.
Thursday didn't have a great deal of things going on, besides the first day of Fall into Darkness.  This was the feeling out process day, as it was a general readjustment from the previous place to stay, which was in the northeast part of the city, but after a day, things do fall into place.

No comments:

Post a Comment