Sunday, July 18, 2010

The Annual "Summer Can Piss Off" Spiel


Since this coming week the temperatures in the Midwest are going to be in the upper 90's with a heat index of 105 (maybe higher), I can't put off writing a "Summer Sucks" piece any longer.  Sure, I had opportunities before I left for New Mexico last month and when I came back a week later.  However, today is the breaking point for this rant.

As many of you know, I am a Winter person, so any excuse to break out long sleeves I have, I will take.  Is there any redeeming qualities to Summer besides the fact that really good looking women wear less?  Well, if I was writing this in New Mexico, I would say that Summer is brutal, but with some incredibly cool mornings. Such is not the case in Kansas City, though, and that is why I would like to punch the sun in the face.  It might as well be Death Valley the way it is going here.

No comments:

Post a Comment