Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Playing With Your Devices

Scuffling on what movie to watch last night, I tried to get through Mother of Tears.  That lasted all of maybe half an hour before I switched to Monty Python and the Holy Grail.  Sure, I can write about the latter, since I have seen that many times.  However, everyone knows that movie, so I wouldn't be adding anything really meaningful to the mix.  So, to fill up some space on this blog, here is a movie that I have seen (or at least know enough about to make something up) that few people know.  From the same movie distributor that brought you Premutos: Lord of the Living Dead and Zombie Doom comes a movie that is actually quite dumb: Screaming Dead.

When I say dumb, I mean a piss poor excuse to get hot half naked women into a horror movie, which is exactly what Screaming Dead does.  In fact, it becomes obvious from the opening scene, as a nearly naked woman is seen trying to hold onto a bar that should it slip, the object above her would come crashing down on her.  The movie stars Misty Mundae, and the movie features women and various torture devices.  Unfortuantely, there is only one woman who actually gets naked (from the waist up, from what the camera can show), and the devices are horribly constructed.  The plot is quite nonexistent, and the ending is extremely nonsensical.

So, what the hell was I doing watching this movie?  Well, somehow, it ended up at a Blockbuster Video store, and since I have in fact, seen a couple of movies starring Mundae (hint: if you're looking for a Misty Mundae film, Shock-O-Rama Cinema would be a good place to start), so I figure what's the harm.  Well, I was wrong on that account.

No comments:

Post a Comment