Monday, July 12, 2010

Halfway through the 2010 MLB Season...


...And I have not paid much attention to the baseball season at hand.  So, what did I miss?  Well, to begin, the Washington Nationals are finally relevant again, thanks to pitcher Stephen Strasburg, who had a big debut, striking out 14 in his first major league start, and even had some debate on his inclusion into this year's All-Star Game.  Also, the San Diego Padres are at the top of the NL West when many predicted a dead last finish for them.  More East Coast bias, as there has been a litany of Yankees and/or Red Sox games on television, which quite frankly, makes me sick.  Why not have some Giants/Dodgers games on?  Yes, I know it'll be on past my bed time (while I'm still in Kansas City), but it wouldn't hurt to tell fans that baseball is more than Yankees and Red Sox, as well as the Royals eating it every year.  Minor league games bring more interest than the whole tired Yankees/Red Sox series, and speaking of minor leagues, is it too late to trade Sluggerrrr to Albuquerque for Orbitt (pictured)?

No comments:

Post a Comment